Shadow Cartel Forums

VoraciousVillain Application [10101] TRIAL

Moderator: Recruiters

VoraciousVillain Application [10101] TRIAL

Postby VoraciousVillain » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:21 pm

a) Tell us a bit about your RL self, and your EVE history.

So, for me and my RL self, 28, male and in the UK, work in Cyber Security, so have alot of pc time :)

Eve history, started playing in 2010/2011, slowly learnt the game, but paused whilst I was at Uni, came back and started again after graduation, then slowly learnt different parts of the game, and got in with different groups. In recent years, I took advantages of the asset safety change, and ended up in PCGamer, and helping out TiS with streams and content during the goon war. As a result of this, I streamed the m2- fight, from my Avatar for the 14.5 hours. Which is a fun memory I will have, sitting with Elise / CCP Swift now, for the entire time just joking and killing titans.

With Covid, my old CEO left WASME, so I took on the role, but with numbers low, and no-one logging back in, and with 0.0 life getting stale, I decided to retire the corp, and search for somewhere I can go enjoy EvE again :)

b) In which timezone do you play EVE the most, and on average how many hours per week are you able to play?

EU TZ, 10-40 hours per week, mostly evening and occasional weekend

c) Why do you want to leave your current corp, and why do you want to fly with us? Please mention if you have a vouch within Shadow Cartel.

Leaving my current corp, as it is inactive, aside from a few friends, but there is no drive anymore and 0.0 life has become slightly stale in my opinion. I have battled against Shadow Cartel in the past, lost most of the time. So I know you are competent pilots, and looking over the killboards and forums, I can see you're quite active and a threat for anyone in lowsec :)

d) Within the alliance general chats and comms we maintain low tolerance for drama, racism, politics, shitposting to public places (Reddit etc), or other offensive actions that are intended to antagonize others. Can you comply?

Yes I loath drama, as it's not needed for a game people want to enjoy playing.

e) We require all members to use voice comms (Teamspeak), access forums (for fits, etc.) and Slack for out-of-game chat. Can you comply?

Yes, Slack may be a slight problem as of work, but I will do my best to resolve it.

f) What is/are your preferred playstyle(s)? (PvE, fleet PvP, Blops Hunting, Solo PvP, probing, gate camping, etc.)? Please share a (non-doctrine) fit that you personally like to fly and why you like to fly it.

Blops is probably my main enjoyment, Gate-camping / smart bombing is always a laugh as well, as long as there are fun people to chat with.
The fit is my favorite damage blops, followed closely by a Widow.
[Redeemer, Redeemer]
Imperial Navy Multispectrum Energized Membrane
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Imperial Navy Heat Sink
Shadow Serpentis Damage Control
Imperial Navy 1600mm Steel Plates
Corpii C-Type Multispectrum Coating

Shadow Serpentis Heavy Stasis Grappler
Shadow Serpentis Sensor Booster
Republic Fleet Warp Disruptor
Large Micro Jump Drive

Covert Jump Portal Generator I
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Mega Pulse Laser II
Improved 'Guise' Cloaking Device II

Large Energy Collision Accelerator II
Large Capacitor Control Circuit I

Gecko x2
Light Armor Maintenance Bot I x5

Imperial Navy Multifrequency L x6
ECCM Script x1
Navy Cap Booster 400 x45
Conflagration L x6
Scan Resolution Script x1
Scorch L x6
Nanite Repair Paste x200
Helium Isotopes x300

g) List your characters to be brought into the alliance, and please include Zkillboard links for each. Intentional exclusion of characters (if discovered now or later) is grounds for denial of application. Cyno/hunting alts may be left off the thread but nevertheless must be disclosed to your recruiter.

I will attempt to list them all, I have accounts of which are not active and I am not planning to bring online due to the number of accounts. I will also note a role next to the pilot:

VoraciousVillain - Super/Fax Main Character - https://zkillboard.com/character/1777746732/
Shairun Choldar - Subcap/Blops - https://zkillboard.com/character/90779383/
Anna Prolls - Revelation / Avatar Titan - https://zkillboard.com/character/96839178/
Ceillian - Naglfar / Ragnarok Titan - https://zkillboard.com/character/1738645880/

h) List what class ships you are capable (e.g. T3, capitals, logistics (level V), racial subcaps, etc.)

I will likely be able to have a character to fly all ships, and I have experience in all roles :)

i) We strongly encourage (and in some cases require) expensive pods such as Amulets and Nirvanas. Do you have or can you acquire such pods?

Yes, I may already if not I can and will acquire them.

j) We have many different comps that are frequently used, some of them quite expensive (in the region of 10b+ in total). What do you do to earn ISK in game?

I have a large stockpile of isk, aswell as I do trading with supers/titans t2 bpo's etc. As-well as I would like to get back into incursion running for regular income.

k) Is there anything else you'd like to add to support your application?

I just hope my lack of activity isnt a hinder, as I would love to be able to prove myself as someone that will be reliable and fun to fly with on fleets :) If there is any character or information that I have forgotten, I will happily share ESI information, it is just I have alot of accounts that I don't use anymore [old rorq alts, industry toons etc]
Last edited by Waylo Azomi on Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoraciousVillain

Re: VoraciousVillain Application - Immortalis

Postby Karl Rudolf Horse » Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:57 am

A sebo'd blops :shock: Don't let Paq see that!
Karl Rudolf Horse

Postby VoraciousVillain » Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:03 pm

I used to hunt smaller subcaps, capitals I would replace it with a Cap Booster :)
VoraciousVillain

Postby Chairborne » Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:25 pm

+1

The lack of recent history is my only concern.
We would rather an active pilot using their own initiative > a sandbag

However you seem genuine and I would be happy to overlook for a trial basis at a minimum
Chairborne

Postby Waylo Azomi » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:59 pm

I had a chat with him before putting this app up, there is a lack of KB activity lately but that's somewhat to be expected over the christmas/new year period for a lot of people so i'm willing to recommend a trial.

+1
Waylo Azomi

Postby Waylo Azomi » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:23 pm

OK looking good, we'll start on a trial. Put apps into 10101 when you get a chance.
Waylo Azomi

Postby Waylo Azomi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:47 pm

Trial started as of 16/1/22
Waylo Azomi

Return to Recruitment