Shadow Cartel Forums

Arte - Mea Culpa. TRIAL

Moderator: Recruiters

Arte - Mea Culpa. TRIAL

Postby Arte » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:34 pm

a) Tell us a bit about your RL self, and your EVE history.

Married dad of 4 kids, ex UK army medic. Balding, borderline alky, anxiety ridden person, inferiority complex the size of Wales (everything is measured in 'Wales'). Gemini, but no charitable work of late. Started Eve in Jan 2004 when I thought I created a trial account, turned out I'd signed up. Joined the original FA, got kicked out of there eventually by BoB after the split. Floated around Corps, mainly following RL mates. Latterly joined TEST when we got squished by Goonies etc in 2013. Took a big break. Rejoined this year, tried a few Corps but it's been a bit too quiet so looking for something a little more lively.

b) In which timezone do you play EVE the most, and on average how many hours per week are you able to play?

EUTZ. 1-2 hours weeknights, 5-6 hours most weekends

c) Why do you want to leave your current corp, and why do you want to fly with us? Please mention if you have a vouch within Shadow Cartel.

It's a Noob corp. But before that it was US based and I kept missing ops because of time. Couldn't see it improving so looked for a more EU Corps. Want to get back to smaller scale PvP - don't mind blobs but not when CTAs occur everytime I log on.

d) Within the alliance general chats and comms we maintain low tolerance for drama, racism, politics, shitposting to public places (Reddit etc), or other offensive actions that are intended to antagonize others. Can you comply?

Yes. Though I apologise if I'm am sexually inappropriate or giggle at double entendres a lot.

e) We require all members to use voice comms (Teamspeak), access forums (for fits, etc.) and Slack for out-of-game chat. Can you comply?

Yes. Didn't know about Slack but will sort it.

f) What is/are your preferred playstyle(s)? (PvE, fleet PvP, Blops Hunting, Solo PvP, probing, gate camping, etc.)? Please share a (non-doctrine) fit that you personally like to fly and why you like to fly it.

Prefer frigs and cruiser sized hulls. Always loved Cov-ops or small (preferably) fast-moving gangs.
Favourite cruiser hull is probably Stabber or Vaga, like (hopefully) controlling range and kiting. No averse to taranis/thorax/deimos glass cannon.
Stabber fit is probably something I'd fly (help with fit appreciated!)

g) List your characters to be brought into the alliance, and please include Zkillboard links for each. Intentional exclusion of characters (if discovered now or later) is grounds for denial of application. Cyno/hunting alts may be left off the thread but nevertheless must be disclosed to your recruiter.

Arte - Arte's ZKillboard page

h) List what class ships you are capable (e.g. T3, capitals, logistics (level V), racial subcaps, etc.)

Everything (I think) combat/combat support for 4 main races up to Capital, then it gets race specific. (mix of dreads and support carriers, need fighter skills for Carriers). Lvl V for gang, logi,

i) We strongly encourage (and in some cases require) expensive pods such as Amulets and Nirvanas. Do you have or can you acquire such pods?

Haven't got them, Will buy when necessary. Will work hard to replace them about 2 days later. :P

j) We have many different comps that are frequently used, some of them quite expensive. What do you do to earn ISK in game?

Lately... nothing except PI. Will learn to run sites, blitz missions and sell loot.

k) Is there anything else you'd like to add to support your application?

I make a great suicide tackle. I will be better than first impressions once I relearn what ships are capable of. ;)
Last edited by Waylo Azomi on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arte

Re: Arte - Mea Culpa.

Postby Waylo Azomi » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:01 am

+1 for measuring everything using the size of Wales.
Waylo Azomi

Postby Karl Rudolf Horse » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:59 pm

Just went on a little roam. Was as pleasant as reading this text.
Karl Rudolf Horse

Postby Xerathul Naskingar » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:20 am

Was also roaming with him, he's a nice guy and willing to get back into the game and learn new stuff.
We need him in alliance, I haven't learned enough thing's sizes compared to Wales!
Xerathul Naskingar

Postby Karl Rudolf Horse » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:45 pm

Good dude, no objections here -> invite sent
Karl Rudolf Horse

Return to Recruitment